Interesting Facts About Palm Sunday : Before the Lord Jesus Christ was crucified and resurrected, his joyful entry in the city of Jerusalem was celebrated in the name of Palm Sunday. The entire celebration goes for a week. It starts from the Sunday and continues till the Saturday before the arrival of Sunday.
However, there are some interesting facts related to this holy Palm Sunday:
- The Sunday is mainly related to salvation and peace. It is being related that the governor of Rome namely Pontius Pilate came to Jerusalem along with the soldiers in order to display his strong army force. While when Lord Jesus Christ came, he was sitting on a donkey in an unarmed situation along with his disciple. Therefore, it is said that the real lord was present to shower his love and grace without showing his artificial power.
- It is even regarded that the Palm Sunday is the day which fulfills the prophecy made in the Old Testament. As per the Mathew notes it was referred that the Lord or rather the King would come seated on a foal, colt or a donkey and yes it was then proved.
- Moreover, Jesus Christ got acceptance of the people as the Messiah. On the way when he was to enter the city of Jerusalem, he declared himself in public as the Savior. Even, he was well greeted by the people of Jerusalem. They shouted and howled to welcome the Lord along with the lots of love and respect. The entire crowd was filled with joy to welcome the new king of Israel. Blessings were showered upon him by all the common people of Jerusalem. Well, why not their King was coming, their Lord was coming to them, to free them from all the pain and bondage.
- The message of the Lord Jesus Christ was wrongly understood by the common mob. The person who was welcomed with so much of love went against him. It is one of the most common doubts that prevails in everyone mind. How can the entire mob of a place be against a person ready to crucify him when he was being brought in with so much love and respect?
The main reason behind this which is widely accepted was that Jesus Christ refusal to be the kind of King they wanted him to be. The Government of Rome occupied their properties for many years, and they craved for the military and political assistance from their King. However, Jesus Christ failed to meet their expectations resulting in huge disagreement.
The goals and objectives of Jesus Christ were quite different. Even he went to propagate among the common mob that the real work of the God is to rule over the minds and heart of the people. Rather than setting the people free from the Roman rule, he wanted to set another kingdom of God which was not this political kingdom.
Hence, it is even concluded that the Kingdom of God could be created in reality only if the sin could be completely removed and Satan would be defeated in real life. However, the resurrection of the Christ helped the evil doer to conquer the Sin and Satan.
- A palm basically comes up with the message immortality. As per the traditional thought, the people of Egypt carry a palm leaf to the funeral procession. It is the representation of eternal life. The branch even symbolizes the spiritual triumph over the death.
Therefore, the entire week is considered to be very important and is celebrated with lots of excitement and merriment.
Leave a Reply